KANYSH SATPAYEV: «MY PEOPLE ARE MUCH HIGHER THAN ME». THE INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC-PRACTICAL CONFERENCE «SPIRITUAL MODERNIZATION: PERSON’S HERITAGE»
On the eve of the 119th anniversary of the birth of the great Kazakh scientist the international scientific-practical conference «Spiritual modernization: person’s heritage», dedicated to the life and work of the Kazakh people Kanysh Imantaevich Satpaev took place at the Library of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan - Elbassy on April 9, 2018. To the K.I. Satpayev’s birthday, who stood at the origins of the organization of scientific activity in Kazakhstan, celebrated the Day of Science Workers. It was established by the Decree No. 164 on October 20, 2011 of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The conference was organized jointly with the memorial museum of academician K.I. Satpayev, supported by the «Kazakhmys» corporation and «Zerayna» public foundation in the limits of the «Rukhani zhangyru» program. The book exhibition dedicated to the life and work of the K.I. Satpayev was presented to the guests of conference.
– Kanysh Imantaevich Satpayev was not only a phenomenal visionary of the secrets of the earth's interior, an outstanding scientist-geologist and organizer of science, but above the greatest thinker and naturalist for his time Каныш. A great public and statesman, a subtle politician who contributed to the industrial development of Kazakhstan of the 20th century, he was an informal leader of society. K.I. Satpayev’s scientific legacy of is truly grandiose. It includes 800 publications in the field of metallogeny, mineralogy, geochemistry, minerals, stratigraphy, tectonics, geography, economics and other sciences.
Last year, the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan in his Address to the people of Kazakhstan announced the beginning of the Third Modernization of Kazakhstan, which goal is joining the world’s 30 most developed countries. The three most important processes of renewal – political reform, modernization of the economy and modernization of the public consciousnes are started. At the same time, Nursultan Abishevich Nazarbayev defined the cult of knowledge as one of the directions of modernization of public consciousness.
The Kanysh Imantaevich Satpaev’s labor activity and contribution to the development of science is the benchmark in the process of modernization of public consciousness for the young generation of Kazakhstan, – deputy director of the Library of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan – Elbassy Amerkhan Rakhimzhanov noted at the opening of the plenary session.
Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador of the Republic of Tajikistan to Kazakhstan Alizoda Nazirmad in his welcoming speech to the participants of the conference noted that this year will mark the 25th anniversary to the establishment of Kazakh-Tajik diplomatic relations.
– I would like to note that such scientific figures as Kanysh Satpayev have greatly assisted in creating the basis for the development of scientific cooperation between our countries through their activity. Kanysh Imantaevich Satpaev managed to raise Kazakhstan's science to the world level. Centuries pass, the name of this great scientist will remain in the memory of grateful descendants. His name is associated not only with the history of the development of Kazakhstan's industry and science, but also with the formation and development of the entire national economy and cultural life of the republic. The Academy of Sciences of Tajikistan honored the memory of Satpayev for his scientific achievements and great scientific and governmental activities, – Mr. Ambassador noted and reported that, taking into account all the merits of the scientist in scientific, scientific-organizational and state activities, the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tajikistan installed a memorial plaque in honor of academician K.I. Satpayev on the building of the Institute of geology, earthquake engineering and seismology of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tajikistan.
Bakhtiyar Krykpyshev, general director of the management council of Kazakhmys Corporation LLP, noted that Kanysh Satpayev made a huge contribution to the development of the region, initiating the construction of the Zhezkazgan by opening one of the world's largest copper deposits. The speaker spoke about plans of Kazakhmys for the development of the mineral base:
– According to the Geological exploration program for 2018-2019, their total volume will be 286 kilometers with the maximum utilization of existing geological machines. The total amount of financing will be 12 billion tenge. The projected growth in reserves will amount to almost 140 million tons of ore, – Bakhtiyar Abdrakhmanovich said and stressed that the Kazakhmys are open for young specialists.
K.I. Satpayev’s granddaughter Alima Zharmagambetova head of the laboratory of organic catalysis of the JSC «Institute of fuel, catalysis and electrochemistry named after D.V. Sokolsky» was the honorary guest of the conference.
– The name of Kanysh Satpayev has great significance for Kazakhstan. He discovered for us the depths of our land – the wealth through which our republic is developing. He managed to create a modern Kazakhstan science. He was a patriot of his people. Everyone, remembers his words to Winston Churchill: «My people are much higher than me». An offer to work in Moscow was received to Kanysh Imantayevich in 1951 when began the persecution of him. He said: «I am a Kazakh. I have to work in Kazakhstan». In this time he created his prediction map, which still benefits in the development of geology and subsoil use of Kazakhstan И в это время он создал свою прогнозную карту, which is still useful in the development of geology and subsoil use of Kazakhstan. In his family, he laid the cult of science, the principles of honest work, – Alima Kaynekeevna said and encouraged students who were present in the hall to engage with scientific activities.
Director of the Institute of geology, earthquake engineering and seismology of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tajikistan Ilhomjon Oymukhammadzoda:
– The great son of the Kazakh people, academician Kanysh Satpayev did a lot for the establishment and development of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tajikistan. He was a participant of the first organizational session of the Academy of Sciences of our Republic. Kanysh Imantayevich was awarded «Honorary academician of the Academy of Sciences of the Tajik SSR» title for his contribution to the development of the geological and seismological sciences of Tajikistan. Kanysh Imantayevich made a great contribution to the development of the theory and practice of compiling metallogenic maps, to the formation of geological science throughout Central Asia. He is the first scientist of Central Asia, elected academician of the Academy of Sciences of USSR. Kanysh Imantayevich left behind a powerful scientific school, talented followers. During these years business ties with the Geological Institute named after Satpayev were established, on the basis of which the doctoral dissertations of many Tajik scientists are protected. I express sincere gratitude to the organizers of the conference for the high level of the event.
– Academician Satpaev's contribution to the science of Kazakhstan is invaluable. He is known not only as a scientist engaged with theoretical and production-practical work, exploring the bowels of Kazakhstan and making many discoveries on this path, but also as a great mentor, who has cultivated a whole galaxy of scientists who continued the development of science in Kazakhstan. He not only created the Academy of Sciences of Kazakhstan, but also established close ties with the academic communities of Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Russia, Tajikistan and other republics for its development. Kanysh Imantaevich is a vivid example of patriotism, love for one's people, service to science and the Motherland, – Akbatyr Nadyrbaev said – chairman of the Committee of Geology and Subsoil Use of the Ministry of Investment and Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Director of the memorial museum of academician K.I. Satpaev Bakhytzhamal Aytmukhambetova spoke about the institution’s activities and the role of Kanysh Imantayevich in the history of domestic science. She noted that academician Kanysh Satpayev is a sacred figure in the scientific world.
Director of the Scientific-research institute of archeology named after K.A. Akishev Maral Khabdulina made a report «Roses of the Satpaev’s family». She told about his wife Taisia Alekseyevna and the daughter of academician Meiz Kanyshevna.
The conference continued its work in two panel sessions «The scientific and moral-philosophical heritage of K.I. Satpayev» and «Applied importance of the K.I. Satpayev’s creative heritage». During of which the topical issues and features of the contribution of K.I. Satpayev in the development of Kazakhstan science; comprehensive popularization of his scientific ideas and heritage; patriotic and moral education of the republic younger generation on the example of the scientist’s life and work were discussed by foreign and domestic scientists, researchers and experts
The participants of the conference noted the high organizational level and pithiness of the event.
You are reporting a typo in the following text:
Simply click the "Send typo report" button to complete the report. You can also include a comment.