«LOTUS FLOWER TOWER». REPLENISHMENT OF THE MUSEUM COLLECTION OF THE LIBRARY OF ELBASSY

In the new year, the collection of the museum fund of the Library of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan – Elbassy replenished a bronze panel "Lotus flower tower". It depicts one of the holy shrines of Vietnam - the Chua Mot Cot pagoda. The artistic engraving is a memorial gift from the Ambassador of the Republic of Vietnam to the Republic of Kazakhstan H.E. Nguyen Thi Hong Oanh.

The Chua Mot Cot pagoda is also called the Temple of Remote Salvation and the Lotus Flower Tower. Along with the Perfume Temple, it is considered the most famous pagoda in Vietnam. The history of Chua Mot Cot dates back to 1049, during the reign of Emperor Li Thai Tong.

According to legend, once in a dream, a Lotus bud opened in front of the Emperor, inside which there was a Goddess of Mercy. She gave Li Hai Tong a baby, and soon the Emperor had a son. In gratitude for the fulfillment of his cherished dream, the happy father ordered to build a pagoda in the form of a lotus flower.

In 1954, during the Indochina War, the pagoda was destroyed. In the late 1950s in the Saigon area Chudyk a copy of the Chua Mot Cot was erected. The pagoda was later restored in Hanoi itself. The structure is located near the mausoleum of Ho Chi Minh, in the middle of a small pond, as befits a real Lotus. The structure is made of solid wood, and at a height, it is supported by a single stone pillar with a diameter of only 1.25 meters. Bodhi tree sacred in Buddhism grows nearby.  

In 2006, the "Lotus Flower Tower" was included in the Vietnamese register of attractions.